Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer Skirts


Ember loves to make things.  The first week of Summer she would not rest until we went to the fabric store to pick out some material for a ruffle skirt.  Sophie and Ember's best friend, Eden also picked out some material to make a skirt with.

Today Ember made her skirt, and wore it to church.  She has amazing focus and concentration, not to mention budding sewing skills!

Sophie is a very persistent kid, so she managed to get me to make her skirt in the first week after getting the material.  We made it while my other kids were off on adventures with the neighbor kids.  She was so patient while I made her skirt, and then decided that it was more fun as a dress.



Sophie is also the prettiest tom boy I have ever met.  After finishing the skirt, she walked up to Ethan's friends house with Ethan and then proceeded to skateboard in her new skirt until all the seams needed reinforcing and repairing.  She wears it all the time and trades between skirt and dress options!

Next...Eden's Skirt.

1 comment:

  1. My sis-in-law did this with all the cousins a few years back. It still makes me smile when I see one of the younger cousins wearing the hand-me-downs! They look so fun!

    ReplyDelete