Monday, March 5, 2012

Field Trips

I just found this on the list still living as a draft.  I don't remember why I did not post it, maybe it was waiting for pictures, but I don't think it need pictures.  -

Thursday, May 5th was the day Troy and Ethan left on a field trip with 60 of his classmates for Oahu.  They had so much fun sleeping on the USS Missouri and Troy came home with a new respect for how good Ethan is.  He also came home unbelieving how different 5th grade maturity can be.

Monday, May 9th, 2011 was the day I left with Sydney and 14 of her classmates for the Big Island.  It is always an education traveling with the kids that have been part of the dinner conversations over the past year.  Puting faces with the stories and the names.  Puting the parents with the kids.  We have a good kid, there are other good kids out there and it is the parents that are creating these good kids.  There are also plenty of screw-balls out there and that too is the direct off-ect or lack of effect of parenting.

So I feel that if I am to have an opinion on the status of parenting, and if I do not like what I see, then I need to have some suggestions for improving them:

1.  Learn to control your tongue.  Swearing is not cool.  Swearing is offensive, dirty and trashy.  If you don't allow trash to come out of your mouth, then hold your children to the same standard.  There is beauty all around, talk about the good you see.

2.  Respect.  Saying "yes" or "no" when asked a question,  looking the person in the eye when you are talking, smiling at everyone and being friendly.  Not hard.  Good Manners.  Respect.

3.  Be willing.  Try.  Do.  Accomplish.  Help.

That is all, just three little things that I think will make us all better parents and examples.  If we can teach these things to our kids then the world will be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment