Thursday, December 23, 2010

2011 Christmas Letter




This year has been a whirlwind of fun, learning, challenge, and change. We are very blessed to have our sweet family to grow with. Everyone is doing well and happy. We have really been trying to focus on the important things this season and I love that my kids are all growing a love for our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that he knows and loves each of us. We love the stories of his birth and the examples of his life. I found this quote that sums it up so nicely: "The greatest man in History, Jesus, had no servants, yet they called him Master, had no degree, yet they called him Teacher, had no medicines, yet they called him Healer, had no army, yet kings feared him, won no military battles, yet he conquered the world, committed no crime, yet they crucified him...He was buried in... a tomb, yet he lives today." We celebrate his birth!

I asked the family to each share a summary of the year in their own words, followed by their favorite thing about Christmas:

Sophie (3) I loved playing at my friend Makena's and our tea parties. I like to hike in the woods and go to the beach.
Favorite thing about Christmas: I like goats and I like to get one.

Ember (6) This past year, I accomplished soccer and the year was pretty good. We did some really exciting things like going on an airplane with my dad and he drove. And we went to the Big Island.
Favorite thing about Christmas: I like giving other people presents and their expressions and even more I like getting presents. And sometimes we do plays and I like that too. And I really, really like to wake up on Christmas morning and see how many presents are under the tree

Ethan (10) This year was fun and long like always. I surfed a lot and learned how to short board. I got a Kazuma for my birthday and I did my first surf competition. I got better at soccer and swimming and my ears got bigger - hopefully.
Favorite thing about Christmas: I like that there is no school. It is fun getting presents for other people, but funner to get presents.

Sydney (12) If I had to put a price on this year it would be priceless. I learned a lot. Learning can be really fun if you have a good attitude about it. Anything is good with a good attitude. I got better at mountain biking and swimming. I think it is really exciting to be in Young Women at church and I enjoyed giving my first talk.
Favorite thing about Christmas: When you see everyone open presents that you give them and how much fun they like and enjoy them. And I like when friends and family come to celebrate.

Amy (28) I am learning to let things go so I can get the important things done. I am also learning some discipline and self control. I can keep to a schedule - (almost) and I have made a meal calendar that is making my dinner life easier. I am looking forward to going to disneyland...anytime! I also learned that it is next to impossible for my family to take a good family picture.
Favorite thing about Christmas: The smells of pine needles, gingerbread cookies and peppermint. Having my kids home to play and their enthusiasm for everything. Drinking eggnog. Relaxing.

Troy (30) I really enjoyed my time in Moab discovering the desert. I had fun training and competing in my first bike race. Learning to enjoy where I live more and I really enjoyed my calling at church and learning so much.
Favorite thing about Christmas: Music

So there you have the Anderson Christmas letter. We love you all and miss you. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Thanks for the update. A fun pic too. It was beautiful here this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you and Troy got a time turner for Christmas! Sweet! Let me have a few spins so I can go back to when I would hang out with you everyday. I am glad you had a good Christmas.
    Call me when you want to go to Disneyland. . .ideally after Maggie Girl can walk, but any time.

    ReplyDelete