Monday, November 8, 2010

I love Thanksgiving!

Thankful Tom the Turkey


Every Thanksgiving we make a Thankful Turkey. This year I decided to name him Tom. We hang him in the window and on Family Home Evening we write things we are thankful for on some feathers and make Tom a nice colorful tail.


So what is written on the Feathers? I will tell you:

Sydney writes:
I am thankful for - My family for all they do for me and teach me (sitting up straight) and all the fun times we have together.

For the light of the sun, moon and stars that let us see to do all of our sports and fun past times.

I love having the opportunity to have in education and go to school.

Books and the storys they tell me and the adventures they wiske me away on.

Ethan writes:
Animals
Pets
Sun
Earth

Ember writes:
I am thankful of the world.
I am thankful of ym bed.
I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful of ym frers. (not sure what this is...I will ask her later)

Sophie told me to write:
Jesus
Candy
Momma
Family

Troy writes:
I am thankful for trees, scriptures, bicycles, water, chocolate, agave, family, motorcycles and fruit.

I am thankful for my wonderful, beautiful, hardworking, pretty, patient wife.

I am thankful for my nice, funny, and happy kids.

Amy Writes:
I am so grateful for so many things in my life.

First I am grateful for the knowledge I have of my Savior Jesus Christ. I love knowing that he is my brother and that because he loves me, he gave his life to atone for my imperfections. I am grateful for the chance to achieve a place in heaven. I am grateful for my free agency and the ability to make decisions. I am grateful for a mind that allows me to think and weigh the consequences of my decisions.

Second I am so grateful for the love of Troy. I am grateful to be married to a man that sees me as his equal, his friend, his confidant, his support, his advisor, his help meet, his wife, his eternal companion. I travel down this road of life in good hands.

Third I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a mother. I am blessed with 4 different and amazing children. I am also grateful to the goodly parents that brought me up with love and kindness. They showed me how to be the parent that I have become. Grateful to all the generations before that shared love with their posterity, a beautiful legacy to pass down.

I am grateful for the beautiful world that we live in. For each new day and the surprises that it holds.

I am grateful for friends and for all the amazing people in the world that have crossed my path and made me a better person.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment