Saturday, June 20, 2015

My Kids are getting Older

June 4, 2015 Sydney and Ethan left Maui alone to fly to Arizona.  They are heading to Especially For Youth.  Also known as EFY.  My Mom and Dad are down from Flagstaff to pick them up.  They drove down from Utah to be with them.  Think they are excited?  I think so!

Sydney graduated this year.  She is 16 and she graduated a year ahead of her classmates.  She is pretty awesome.  She knows how to work hard and she knows how to accomplish big things! She loves to spend too much time in the bathroom.  She loves to cook and bake amazing things in the kitchen.  I am always out of butter and peanut butter.  I think I have lost weight since she has left, but I miss her goodies.  She had called or texted almost every day that she has been gone.  She loved EFY.  She went on her first date while she was staying at Jonathan and Josie's house.  She seems like a different girl there.  No allergies there!?

Ethan has not called.  I have called him, but he is perfectly happy without me.  I am glad.  He is such a nice kid.  He had fun at EFY too, but I don't know anything specific, he keeps all his memories safely tucked inside his head.  He did say that he bought a yo-yo from a boy there who was an amazing yo-yoer.  Is that a word?  I think he danced at EFY because Sydney said that everyone was dancing.  He has been with his cousins in Flagstaff all this week and I know that they have had such a great time.  I am so grateful for my brother Jonathan,  and my sister in law, Josie and my parents for giving them such a good time.  We are very blessed to have such great people in our lives.

Ember, Sophie and I have had lots of fun too.  We went camping at Hosmer grove this week and my girls sure love to camp.  They became Haleakala Junior rangers and ate berries and we found a spring and they collected eucalyptus tops and made a fairy hat store.  They are a joy to be with.

No comments:

Post a Comment